Avonix Imaging is an energetic company providing world-class industrial X-ray and CT (computed tomography) imaging services and equipment. Founded on the expertise and guiding principles of its owners, Avonix Imaging is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations in everything we do. If you have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for customer service, Avonix may be the place for you.
Current Open Position
Field Service Engineer
Avonix Imaging is a high-technology company providing world-class industrial X-ray and CT (computed tomography) imaging services and equipment. Avonix Imaging is committed to exceeding our client’s expectations in the quality of products provided and the customer-centric way in which it is done.
Avonix Imaging also provides custom X-ray imaging and computed tomography systems of its own design and manufacture, as well as standard systems from Nikon Metrology. Our combination of custom design, and industry leading technology from Nikon, places Avonix in an industry-leading position.
Avonix Imaging has an opening in our Maple Grove, MN facility for a Field Service Engineer. The Field Service Engineer will report to the Field Service Manager and is responsible for integration, installation, maintenance, training and telephone support related to industrial X-ray imaging equipment.
Areas of Responsibilities:
Will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in mechanical and electrical integration of new systems at the Avonix factory
- Provide installation services of Avonix and Avonix represented equipment at the customer site
- Perform system alignments and qualification tests in-house and at customer sites
- Provide basic operator training in conjunction with equipment installation
- Provide maintenance training to customers upon installation
- Diagnose and repair of industrial x-ray equipment and related components including electrical distribution, high voltage generators, demountable x-ray tubes, motion control systems and software.
- Provide direct technical assistance to customers via the phone and onsite visits
- Work directly with the customer to coordinate installation and training logistics
- Quote maintenance contracts and repair requests
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Maintain Avonix in-house equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of electronics and electrical systems
- Ability to diagnose and repair industrial X-ray imaging equipment and related components
- Strong understanding of industrial X-ray imaging systems and components
- Ability to effectively communicate with Avonix employees, customers and members of management in a professional manner
- Ability to provide technical solutions to customers with a high degree of professionalism
- Willing and able to travel up to 60% of the time, ability to travel on short notice and, the travel may be domestic or international
- Strong computer skills
- Self motivated and well organized
- Experience and Education:
- A two-year technical degree or equivalent in electronics of electrical technology
- Five years experience related to industrial X-ray service
Certificates, License, Registrations:
- Valid drivers license and ability to be insured
- US Citizen, Green Card holder, or equivalent
- Valid passport and ability to travel outside of the United States
We are always searching for professionals that are looking for a challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .